Contestants will battle it out in March for their chance to win a Championship Viewing Party at 10 Tavern for 10 people on April 2nd – including pizza, wings and beer along with a reserved table in front of the largest big screen in DC!
The first contestant to finish 15 buffalo wings will be named the winner of each round.
Wing Eating Contest Rounds:
Round 1 (Selection Sunday): March 11 – 3:30pm – 10 competitors
Round 2 (Elite 8): March 24 – 5pm – 8 competitors
Round 3 (Sweet 6): March 25 – 4pm – 6 competitors
Round 4 (Final 4): March 31 – 3pm – 4 competitors
Contestants should check in a half hour before contest start time on each date. 2 competitors will be knocked out each round; the remaining competitors will advance to the next round.
Grand Prize (for winner of March 31st “Final 4” competition):
Championship Viewing party at 10 Tavern for 10 guests on April 2nd, including pizza, wings & beer along with a reserved table in front of the largest big screen in DC! Sponsored by Bud Light & Captain Morgan.
- Each competitor will start with 15 wings covered with buffalo sauce.
- The contest will last exactly 2 minutes.
- Once the contest starts, the competitors will consume their allotted wings and place the eaten chicken wing bone back into the wing receptacle. Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones. Stripping the bones of meat first and eating the meat at one time will not be allowed.
- The contestant who consumes their 15 wings clean to the bone the fastest wins the round. Finish times will be recorded and wings will be checked to see if they are properly eaten before naming the winner.
- Once the contest starts, wings must be 90% eaten as determined by the judges. The flap can be disregarded. A 90% properly eaten wing will be displayed at the contest.
- In the event of a tie between competitors, there will be a 60-second run off to determine the winner.
- If no contestants have finished all 15 wings at the conclusion of the 2 minute contest, the first place winner will be the person who properly consumed the greatest number of wings
- The use of utensils is not allowed. Contestants will receive one glass of water or Bud Light for drinking only. Contestants may eat sitting or standing up in their designated area. No additional condiments or sides may be used during the competition.
- Contestants must be at least 21 years of age in good health and must sign a release form. Visual signs of sickness will result in disqualification for the contestant’s safety. Professional eaters or members of any professional eating organization are not eligible.